What information do we collect?
As described in detail below, we reserve the right to collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of, or any of your submissions to, the System (collectively, the “Collected Information”). Collected Information includes, without limitation, any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a phone number or an email address.
We appreciate your questions and comments about the System and Services and welcome your messages at our “Contact Us” page, which you can find here: http://www.crossoceanpartners.com/contact/. If you correspond with Cross Ocean through the System or via email, the Collected Information may include the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it.
How do we use the information that we collect?
We may send you information that you request from us, promotional materials regarding Cross Ocean or any third party entity or individual affiliated with members of Cross Ocean, and any other communication for any other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Additionally, we may retain and use certain Collected Information to facilitate and otherwise address certain inquiries or requests regarding the Services or the System, or respond to your questions or requests for information about or from Cross Ocean. We may also use Collected Information as necessary to ensure compliance with any Cross Ocean policies and any applicable law, regulation or order.
(1) you expressly authorize Cross Ocean to do so,
(2) it is necessary to allow Cross Ocean’s service providers, agents, or other third parties to provide products or services for or to Cross Ocean,
(3) it is necessary in order to provide the System or the Services,
(4) Cross Ocean is sending you other information that may be useful to you,
(5) subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on Cross Ocean’s behalf or to other entities with whom Cross Ocean has joint marketing agreements,
(6) it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records,
(7) it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, investigating complaints about the System, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution,
(8) it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
(9) subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Cross Ocean or the merger of Cross Ocean into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Cross Ocean is not the survivor, or
(10) it is otherwise necessary for Cross Ocean to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
With whom do we share information that we collect?
We do not sell, rent, or lease our user lists or the identity of individual users to third parties. However, Cross Ocean may use and disclose certain aggregated, anonymized information, such as System usage data, to our trusted business partners.
We may also disclose Collected Information if we become subject to a subpoena or court order, or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose information. We may also use and disclose Collected Information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
As Cross Ocean grows and develops its business, it is possible that its corporate structure or organization might change or that it might merge or otherwise combine with, or that it or portions of its business might be acquired by, another company. In any such transactions, Collected Information may also transfer.
What choices do you have?
When submitting information, corresponding, making requests for information, and otherwise interacting with Cross Ocean and its representatives through or in connection with the System, you choose what information to supply or submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and how you may be contacted. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate.
How do we protect information collected about you?
Social media platforms and websites
The System (including the Site and Services included therein) is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children. We do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the US’s Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children.
Visiting the System from outside the United States
Do Not Track Requests